New Member Course Requirements
In order to become an active member of Junior League of Toledo, you will need to complete our four-month New Member Program. For the 2019–20 membership year, we’re offering two New Member Program sessions: one that begins in August 2019 and another that begins in January 2020. You are encouraged to join and participate as a New Member at any time. New members must also:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Reside within 50 miles of Toledo
- Have an interest in voluntarism
What’s New This Year?
That’s a great question! We are proud of our long-standing service to the community over these past 85 years. To allow for a healthy work-life-philanthropy balance, we want to give our new members an opportunity to have input on the volunteer hours they are able to commit, rather than set mandated hours. Our hope is that as you become more engaged in JLT and our volunteer and social opportunities, you will get those endorphins going that come from serving others and want to come back for more!
New Member Experience
The New Member Program includes a training program, service opportunities, and social events designed to prepare participants for active membership in the League. League requirements have recently changed to accommodate work-volunteer-family balance.
Women who participate in the New Member Program are encouraged to:
- Attend the New Member Program meetings
- Participate in DIADs
- Fall class will support Little Black Dress initiative
- Spring Class will create a small DIAD project
- Attend General Membership Meetings
- Participate in a spring placement conversation
Active Member Expectations
After you become an Active JLT member, you will be asked to commit to the following:
- Stay true to the commitments you have agreed to in your member compact
- Contact Nominating and Placement Advocate (NPA), if at anytime you are having difficulty following through on items you have committed to as a member
- Perform community volunteer work
- Participate in an annual placement conversation and sign a member compact for the following year
For the 2019–20 membership year, our New Member Program dues are $220*. These dues cover the following financial obligations:
- Association of Junior League International (AJLI) Dues
- New Member Training Materials
- JLT Holiday Party
Your dues may be paid in full, or you may opt to take advantage of our monthly payment plan.
*Fees may be prorated based on when you join the new member class.