New Member Course Requirements
In order to become an active member of Junior League of Toledo, you will need to complete our eight-month New Member Program that begins October 2018. New members must also:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Reside within 50 miles of Toledo
- Have an interest in voluntarism
- Meet the minimum attendance requirements of the New Member Program
What’s New This Year?
That’s a great question! We are proud of our long-standing service to the community over these past 85 years. To allow for a healthy work-life-philanthropy balance, we want to give our new members an opportunity to have input on the volunteer hours they are able to commit, rather than set mandated hours. Our hope is that as you become more engaged in JLT and our volunteer and social opportunities, you will get those endorphins going that come from serving others and want to come back for more!
What is Expected of Me?
The New Member Program Training Course is first and foremost a training program designed to prepare you for an active membership in the League. We provide development trainings, service opportunities and social events that acclimate you to an active membership. Our new structure provides the flexibility for you to choose the level you can commit to, but we do have minimum requirements that must be met before we can induct you into the League.
Our program dues are $200 broken into a convenient payment plan over the course of 7 months commitment ($28.57 per month), or as a one-time payment due by October 13, 2018. New Member Program dues cover the following financial obligations:
- Association of Junior League International (AJLI) Dues
- New Member Training Materials
- JLT Holiday Party
- JLT Annual Meeting
The minimum commitment requirements are:
- Attend six New Member Meetings
- Participation in Road Rally
- Presence at the JLT Annual Meeting
There are so many more wonderful opportunities that we encourage you to attend to get the most out of your JLT experience, like the following:
- General Membership Meetings (also referred to as GMMs)
- New Member Project
- Done in a Day Community Service Projects